Sell More Beats Online

Buy Beats Now! Major Music ENT!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

State of Hip Hop (Being an Artist and Producer)


Today it seems as if being an Artist or Producer is the thing to do. Guys taking pictures "thuggin" or in the studio on facebook or twitter. Real artists and producers know the difference and see the difference. Who's talking and who's actually putting things into action. Its cool to rap over industries, but its like I always say you have to eventually create your own identity. Today a lot of values are out of place when guys will buy Jordans or Video games instead of a beat for something they claim they love to do. Stop and think about which side you stand on, think about where your career is right now and think about what you're doing to live your dreams?

Second thing I wanted to address is a lot of artists and producers send me messages on how they can get more known or get more exposure. Some of the things that I did all along and didn't know it which is VERY simple. What is it you ask? Just simple civilized convo with a like minded individual can lead to more opportunities. What helps me is posting in the forums on soundclick and rapmusic.com also the many groups I'm involved in on facebook. Everyday people post links sure you can't listen to all of them but best thing to do is work on building one new relationship each week whether its with an artist, producer or anyone in the music business for that matter. I'm also learning the in's and out's of twitter, which is infact a great networking site because these days most of America has smartphones which have twitter apps which means when you hit them up its going directly to them as a text message.

Last topic is the local scene, some of the things that have helped me get shows and meet more people locally have been looking on craigslist and backpage there are a lot of opportunities some good some not so good, but you never know what you can find in your city. Networking with local artists in general is always an open opportunity like going to shows and events. To get local shows I recommend checking out Afton shows and Webookgigs.info which have helped me in the past as well.

Do all the following over time and see that network grown year after year. You will really be surprised the progress you make as long as you stay consistent. There have literally been guys I've met on myspace in 2006 that I've talked to over the years have helped me as a producer and even appeared on my show. You never know how these relationships can turn out after years.......


For more check out www.MajorMusicENT.com Major Music Entertainment
Beat Leases $30 for exclusive email me MajorMusicENT@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment