Sell More Beats Online

Buy Beats Now! Major Music ENT!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hobby versus Careers (Mixtape Submission Info)

Each day I receive a few emails from guys on how to get their music out there and market themselves a little better, and when I say marketing I mean more than just throwing some music online and saying listen to my music. I'm talking about utilizing social network sites like twitter, myspace and facebook but not just getting on the site, you have to talk to other artists or other producers give and receive feedback on your music. Also look for opportunities for you to maybe collabo. A lot of artists aren't making progress because they are only putting out mixtapes and they DON'T INVEST IN THEMSELVES I don't mean just getting production I'm talking about getting on sites where you have to pay for membership but that same artist is buying the new pair of Jordans or the new video game that was released. As producers we didn't walk into Guitar Center and ask for a free keyboard or Mac computer a lot of us bought out equipment by grinding whether it was on a 9-5 job or just selling beats to get what we want. In life there is brokeness vs ballerness the broke people suffer from ignorance, they make judgement without investigation, always see themselves as a victim, blame other people for their problems which leads to more bitching. The Ballerness side consists of people who are intelligent, who investigate before judgement, who are go getters, people who TAKE ACTION and in the end you'll notice you WILL start Ballin. After sitting at home this past weekend I thought of a way I can help you guys but you're going to have to want to help yourselves at the same time. I am planning a mixtape project for release later this year, its going to be a $25 submission fee, but what you are getting is not only a spot on the mixtape but also a free lease for you own personal projects. I'm only accepting submissions for 2 weeks after that it will be a case by case basis. I want to see all you artists succeed and you will never succeed unless you take action. I know a lot of you hate your 9:00-5:00 jobs , hate your boss and hate getting up every morning to go to work. Your music career is the key b/c you were given a gift. I'm trying to get you guys to see that this isn't just a hobby, but can be a very lucrative career. You don't need a major record deal to live off your music, just simple marketing online and taking action will bring you more opportunities than you could ever imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment